Caribbean Scene Restaurant & Hospitality Group
A Caribbean Success Story
Caribbean Scene is a microcosm of the Caribbean and a reflection of its diversity.
The concept is the brainchild of husband and wife Patrick and Valerie Marché who
noted a lack of good authentic eateries that specialised within the Caribbean
cuisine sector. The concept was developed over a three year period with the
assistance of a number of individuals who shared the same passion.
The research identified that there was an inherent need to create three restaurant
concepts together with a hospitality offering. This heralded the birth of the
- Caribbean Scene Royale (opened July 2006)
Flagship Dockside restaurant offering Caribbean cuisine at its finest
- Caribbean Scene Family (opened May 2008)
- Caribbean Scene Quick (opened May 2008 – Gerry Raffles Square, Stratford)
Located near the Olympic Park in Stratford, offering Authentic Caribbean Cuisine in a fun filled family atmosphere
- Caribbean Scene Quick (opened September 2011)
- Caribbean Scene Hospitality (launched April 2009)
Catering for top-end private and corporate events
- Caribbean Scene Royale, for two successive years, has been voted “Best Caribbean
Restaurant in the UK” (CCC)
- Caribbean Scene Family, in a recent independent Mystery Shopper survey, commissioned by London Borough of Newham, scored 100% in its overall performance.
An integral part of the Caribbean Scene ethos is to engage with local schools and
other community groups, including providing work experience for young people
and hosting cultural events which promote Caribbean culture.
Caribbean Scene Vision statement:
“To be a first class brand, the number one Caribbean brand in the UK” TM
“To create an authentic Caribbean brand delivering quality products to the
mainstream market through first class service, delivered by highly trained and
motivated staff in a unique environment” TM
Achievements and accolades:
- Alfresco London: Best Places to Eat Outside (Evening Standard / London Lite)
- “60 Under £60″ (The London Restaurant /Evening Standard Award)
- Great Places to Eat (Top Table)
- One of the “Top 50 Restaurants in London” (Time Out)
- One of the “Top 5 Al Fresco Dining Venues in London” (The Guardian, The Great
Outdoors Food & Drink)
- Valerie Marché recognised as a female business leader finalist in Black Women in Business Competition hosted by European Federation of Black Women Business Owners
- Featured in Charles Campion’s London restaurant guide of “Over 400 great places to eat” 5 star rating for “Scores on the doors” (Food hygiene certificate)
The Group continues to strive for excellence and now that the template has been established for the four brands, Caribbean Scene intends to roll-out the concept throughout the UK and Europe, with visions of eventually going worldwide. Due to the rising speciality food market, in particular Caribbean, the Group has attracted the attention of a number of private investors and rollout funding options are currently being explored.